Saturday, April 9, 2011

Conflict Resolution

[this was the 100th poem I wrote this year, so I felt I should post it. It's really more of a rant, and was written only to further avoid doing mounting school work.]

There are those who have been trained in conflict resolution. And these people are always the most annoying. Every discussion is perceived as an argument. Their voices are soft and calm, which is just a camouflage for their complete dickishness. Their maturity put on like poor-fitting dress shoes. They have to be developing blisters. Smug looking punks who constantly take the high road and inform you of their superior choice in routes. Who have techniques and use careful statements that start with “I feel.”

I feel like those trained in conflict resolution would be more successful if they simply admitted they're assholes like the rest of us.

4 comments:

Steve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve said...

This reminds me soooo much of Ian 'Ray' Raymond' from High Fidelity.

guja said...

I have a need for normal conversation.

Unknown said...

@guja--hope the rant didn't offend. It wasn't meant serious. It was kind of inspired by the high fidelity character Steve referenced. Normal conversation is good, and I use i feel statements all the time, especially with the house I currently live in.