Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Boyfriend Troubles?

or Why You Shouldn't Have Private Conversations on the Bus

A young girl sits next to me on the bus. 19 or 20. She avoids eye contact, like all attractive people do on the bus. The bus is full but quiet.

A block into our ride her phone goes off. She answers it, with a voice louder than I’d expect from a girl her size and age:


“I don’t want to talk to you

No you’re being an asshole

No I’m pissed

Don’t come over tonight

Don’t

How did you think I’d react?

Really, that’s all you have to say?

So mature!!

No I’m not pissed

I have to go this is my stop”


She hangs puts the phone away and rolls her eyes.

I lean over and use my Barry White voice: “Boy friend troubles? Girl, you know I wouldn’t treat you like that.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was uber pumped to read this.

: )

Way to go Jake!

davidloti=davidloti