Thursday, September 30, 2010

2 Corinthians 13:14

Reflections on.

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ,


on Robson street

she sits next to a streetlight

with bare feet

on a newspaper

rattling a Tim Horton’s cup


when I walk by

I stare down at the sidewalk

and speed up


the love of God the father,


when I first heard

Reverend Falwell

linked 9/11

to homosexuality

I think my exact words were

“that dude needs

to get punched”


and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit


the awkward man

smells like curry and body odor

stationed himself

next to the coffee

after the morning service


last week he explained to me

how the communists infiltrated

the Democratic Party in 1968

and how the Apostle John

foretold this very thing in Revelation 12


I was nodding off during the sermon

and I know my church values

strong, delicious, freshly ground coffee

but I skip my cup this morning

leave quickly, skillfully

avoiding eye contact with

the awkward man


be with you all.

No comments: